If you are interested,
fill out the TA Application below and we will send you more information.
Teacher Assistant (TA) Scholarship Program
Some of the benefits of being a TA:
• TA’s gain hands-on experience alongside the Instructor to learn proper instruction, correction, encouragement, and choreography.
• TA’s learn the LDA syllabus for the classes they assist, and they revisit technique learned at a lower level to review the content and hone their technique.
• TA’s gain knowledge of the Instructor’s perspectives and learn how to approach teaching various ages, levels, and styles.
• TA’s get experience working with children, improve their own dance knowledge, build up their résumé, and gain respect from other dancers.
• For every class a TA is present, they will be credited $8 towards their account at LDA. This can be used towards tuition, performance fees, open classes, etc.
Expectations of TA’s:
• TA’s must be present and participate at every class that is scheduled for the class they signed up for. If TA’s have a conflict or problem attending a class, they must follow the Substitute Procedure below to find a replacement.*
• TA’s should be in the Waiting Room approximately 10 minutes prior to class.*
• TA’s should gather the students in their class a few minutes prior to the class start time, greet them cheerfully and get them prepared to go into the classroom.*
• TA’s must make sure they understand what the Instructor wants them to do upon arrival in the classroom and follow those instructions the best they can.
• After class, TA’s should remain in the Waiting Room for a few minutes to answer parent questions, remind children/parents about any issues that arose during this session*
* Additional details provided via email once application is received.